Friday, August 15, 2008

Things I want to do before I turned 40

I read an article of Bo Sanchez about the things he wants to accomplish before he turns 50. I suddenly realized that I also need to think of my future. I need to set my goals and priorities. I just turned 36 and I still do not plan for my future. I don't know what I want to accomplish when I turned 40.

Let me start now..........Before I get to my 40s, I want to:

  • stay as beautiful and young-looking as I am today. (really, hah)
  • be rich by establishing my own business. I don't want to be an employee for the rest of my life. What kind of business? That is what I have to think seriously.
  • try harder to be a better wife. I know I have my flaws as a wife, but I am not that perfect.
  • travel to Australia to visit my relatives and again to Japan with my husband. I want him to see the beautiful places that I've visited.
  • travel to Batanes, Boracay, Puetro Galera, Palawan, Subic and other popular places in the Philippines.
  • publish a book about women. I want it to be a tribute to brave women like Mama.
  • be a mother. I am presently seeing an OB specializing in fertility. I hope we'll make it before the year ends. And before I turn 40, I wish I can have two (2) kids, a girl and a boy.
  • work again as a part-time instructress. I want to have a part-time career in teaching.
  • finish a course in Women Studies.
  • buy even a small vacation house in the province and a condo unit in Metro Manila.

I still have 4 years to do all of these. However, I think I would have a hard time accomplishing all of these things in 4 years. Maybe I should extend this to 10 more years. But who knows? I just pray that God will give me continuous strength and perseverance.

No comments: